Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Boring Cards Get a Makeover


I found these boxes of "Thank You" cards on clearance at Target... 50 cards and envelopes for $2.50. What a deal! I bought them.

Only problem is they bored me to tears.

With one ink pad and a few rubber stamps, I had a whole new set of cards! It sure made for a fun, easy craft idea.

To accompany the gold lettering, I figured a mustard-ish yellow-ish ink would look good (later I toyed with reds and greens and those looked classy too).

All I had to do on this one is stamp a flower over the top.


And of course you must stamp the envelope too! That makes it a complete set.


This one was two stamps and a sponge. I simply pressed the sponge on the ink pad like it was a stamp and dabbed it around the words and then add the other stamps.


The next one used the sponge technique (you can also use a rag for texture) and the simple star stamp.


Of course, I couldn't leave the back of the cards bare! People want to feel worthy of a Halmark card, so I always use my own Halmark-style logo... although I try to make it match the card.


And there you have it! Bunches of boring cards turned into classy notes worthy of a wedding gift! Of course, if you're giving the gift then THEY should be the ones to send YOU the thank-you card. :)

2 comments:

Morgen said...

I love you Jannie!

Summer said...

Very clever, Jannie!

AddThis Suggested Content